Lady Z tagged me for this 6 random things Meme. You know the drill…
– Post the rules on your blog
– Write six random things about yourself in a blog post
– Tag six people in your post
– Let each person know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
– Let the tagger know your entry is up
1. I don’t eat anything. I am the pickiest eater you will ever meet. I don’t eat things that are green or belong in the vegetable family. Or the grain family. Or most of the fruit family. I enjoy pasta, rice, potatoes and fried things. That’s about it. Although lately I’ve been branching out. I now enjoy some Indian food and I mostly pretend I don’t know what’s in it. 🙂
2. Today is my 4 year wedding anniversary. That means I got married at age 20. Whew. It seems like forever ago. I still remember being engaged and one of my sorority sisters telling me that I was really stupid for getting engaged. She used those exact words. She said that my marriage would fail and I would be miserable because we were getting married too young. She said it wasn’t fair to either of us to get married that young because we still needed to change and grow and if we were married, we couldn’t do that. Four years later we’re still going strong. Sure we’ve had our ups and downs and we’ve threatened to walk out, but we’re still married, we still love each other, and we’ve both done A LOT of changing and growing. But we’ve done it together.
3. All through High School and college I played fast pitch softball. I was a pitcher. I loved playing softball. Between high school and college I tried out for a traveling fast pitch team. But not just any traveling team. This team was going to Holland to play the Dutch and Belgian Olympic fast pitch teams. That was seriously the most amazing thing. I wish that I had been more appreciative at the time. Holland and Belgium are really beautiful and amazing places. I really really really want to go back someday.
4. I LOVE my car. When my great aunt passed and left us some money, Noah and I each took some of it to what we wanted with. Noah bought a ridiculously expensive camera and I used mine to pay off my old car and put a little bit down on my new car. Oh my goodness do I love my new car. I got a 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.1I. It is probably going to be my car until it dies. Which will be forever because Subaru’s routinely get over 300,000 miles. Now before you start to wonder about why I love my car, let me tell you my luck with cars. My first car was a 1986 Buick Skyhawk. Yeah. Sweet right? My next car was a 90’s Dodge Shadow. The engine blew up while I was on my way to see Noah. So then I got a 2000 Chevy Cavalier. Which was pretty much my dream car from High School. Then some jackass totalled it. Suck. So we had to get me something kind of right away without time to really look so we got a 2001Ford Focus. Which was an OK car, but it didn’t have cruise. And I was driving an hour each way two nights a week to get my masters! Suck. So when we got the money and I actually got to choose a car, I did lots of research but I only test drove two cars. The Subaru and a Ford Escape. I love my car. It’s super nice inside, drives like it’s got a Turbo, handles awesome, is all-wheel drive which is great in Ohio, has a sunroof…I could go on and on. Yeah. I loves my car.
5. I love tattoos. But I think they should be intensely personal. I do not think that you should mark up your body just for the sake of marking up your body. I also do not really think that your tattoos should be visible when you are dressed for work. And then if you complain that you didn’t get a job b/c of your visible tattoos, I kind of want to slap you. I have a pink and yellow daisy on one hip. That was my first tattoo. Then I got a celtic infinity knot on my lower back. Next I surrounded it with some more celtic knot work. The next tattoo was horrible. Let’s just jump to the part where it ended up as a star on my ankle. That’s the only one I slightly regret. My most recent work has been stars on my other hip. These stars document my travels. I plan on adding more stars when I visit Mim in five weeks.
6. I have always wanted to be a sign language interpreter. I took two classes for college credit while in high school and then two more classes through a community center while I was in college. I love sign language. I think it’s beautiful to watch and I really enjoy it. I remember when I worked at a grocery store in high school, there was a deaf man who would come in and one of the cashiers would refuse to wait on him. She would walk away from her register when he approached. I just couldn’t get over how rude that was. He would look for me because he knew that I would be friendly and make an attempt to speak with him. Someday I want to go to school and get my interpreters certificate and quit my job to do that full time. But first Noah gets to pursue his dreams, so it can wait. Someday.
So….that’s it. 6 random things about me that took me almost an hour and a half to come up with and only took you five minutes or less to read. I do think that I’m one of the last people do this Meme so I’m not going to tag anyone. If you want to be tagged, you are.