Because everyone else is doing it…
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
umm….I’m sure I did something in 2008 that I’d never done before. Maybe I started knitting in ’08? I think so…I also took a trip to North Carolina which is a state I’d never visited before!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions…but this year, my resolution is to have more sex with my husband 🙂 When you get married, the frequency goes WAY down so…my resolution is to have more!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. Thank goodness. Otherwise I would be wanting one more than I already do…
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Again, Nope. Thank goodness!
5. What countries did you visit?
Sadly, I did not leave the good ‘ol US last year. But hopefully 2009 or 2010 we’ll be headed to Japan!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I’d like to have all of our debt paid off which means I need more self control. We did pretty good so far. We’ve paid off about $2500 in debt but we still have around $7 or 8k left so…getting that paid off would allow us to put Japan and new kitchen counters on the credit cards!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There’s nothing big that stands out on a personal level so…let’s hope something will stand out in 2009! For good reasons…
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Paying off three credit cards and a student loan! Yay!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think that I failed at anything…or that anything when particularly wrong. I think I could have had more patience with my students and my family.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really. I fell off my bike and bruised my wrist pretty bad but other than that….pretty healthy overall!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I think a Wii was our best purchase! Even tho we don’t play it as much as we should.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My students were actually really well behaved at the end of the year last year. I credit myself with finally getting through to them! They made me proud!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
President Bush. I really can’t go into that any more. It’ll just upset me.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My knitting, my birthday (ahem, our birthday), getting a kitten (which is on hold indefinitely), hanging out with friends, reuniting with old friends, my husband…
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I don’t really listen to popular music…maybe Coldplay’s Ipod commercial song? That I can’t think of the name to right now even though I listened to it while I was running errands today…
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Happier, thinner, and richer! Wow. The trifecta! 🙂
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had worked out more and hung out with friends more. Not even necessarily gone out, but hung out. I miss people.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. I worry far too much. About things that don’t need to be worried about.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas eve was with my family and Christmas day was with Noah’s family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No…but I am IN love. Does that count?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey’s Anatomy and thanks to the writers strike I now watch Lipstick Jungle. Also, the Office. Thursday nights are tough nights for us! We want to watch 3 shows that are on at the SAME TIME on Thursdays. Geesh.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Umm…Nope. Don’t think so. I don’t think I really hate anyone…
24. What was the best book you read?
Whichever one of the Twilight books that came out in 2008. I do so love Twilight.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Coldplay’s new album I suppose…possibly the Fratelli’s or the Juno Soundtrack (was that ’08?)
26. What did you want and get?
Lots of things…I pretty much get what I want…
27. What did you want and not get?
a puppy…which is totally not practical and unnecessary.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
No Country for Old Men…that was ’08 wasn’t it? I loved that movie. Closely followed by P.S. I Love You. Which upon closer reflection…they didn’t come out in ’08. Crap.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 this year and we have a big blowout party! It was loads of fun and much drunkenness was had by all. Including my very first hangover over. I’m getting old…
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don’t know…it was a pretty good year…
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Boho casual. Is that a style?
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Er Duh…the election!
35. Who did you miss?
My mom, I feel like we don’t know each other anymore. My friend in Holland, my friends that we finally figured things out with and my grandma. Maybe my Grandma the most.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
New person in 08? Hmmm…Mike and Kim. They are pretty fantastic! Oh and Aiden too!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Sometimes you catch more flies with honey. Even if it’s hard to have honey sometimes.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Come on baby, give me a little more you.”