I didn’t get the middle school job that I interviewed for. And I don’t have any other interviews lined up. *sigh* I never dreamed that I wouldn’t be able to change jobs for next year. I really don’t want to go back to my autism position.
But…enough of that. I feel like all I’ve done lately is complain. So I’m going to list at least five things that make me happy, thank I’m thankful for, or that are going well.
1. The kitchen floor is installed. We still have to do trim and thresholds, but at least the big main part is done and it looks amazing!
2. The money from summer school should pay off about half of our last credit card! Whoo hoo!
3. We finally found a leather chair that we like. When we got married 7 years go, Noah’s parents gave us the money for a leather chair. His grandparents had done that for his parents, so they wanted to do it for us. We’ve looked and looked and just never found anything that we liked and agreed on. We finally found one! The store isn’t open again until Thursday but hopefully the rain will hold off long enough for us to go get it.
4. The garden looks awesome. All of our plants are really thriving in this rain. Our corn looks good, the zuccini and cucumbers are flowering, the potatoes are growing out of their bag…it’s all looking awesome. And since it’s raining so much, I haven’t managed to kill the garden by not watering! We do still need to plant the lettuce, but it’ll happen one of these days.
5. I am thankful that I have a job. I know there are a lot of people out there who don’t have jobs for next year. So at least I have a job. It may not be the one that I want, but at least it’s something.
What’s making you happy lately?